Sangstream is a very sociable group! Some of the extra things we get up to include:
- Some of us usually visit the pub after choir practice on Thursday nights – currently we head to Bennets in Tollcross.
- Once a month, choir members meet together for an informal song session in the Captains bar in Edinburgh.
- We often have social events – at least once a term – for sharing some food and singing. It could be in a backroom of a pub or someone’s house or round the fire in Gill’s garden with a BBQ.
- Once a year (or more) we go away for the weekend to a hostel for some singing and playing / walking / cooking / eating (lots!)/ dancing / acting / treasure hunts / etc. It’s a really great way to get to know other people in the choir better.
- Occasionally we go further away to perform, e.g. at folk festivals – which is usually just an excuse for a weekend away. In 2013 we were in Ullapool and in 2011 we were in Denmark for a return exchange visit with the Danish choir Naested Koret.
- Smaller groups sometimes meet up with each other to sing and play instruments together.
- Some of us meet up to go to concerts / walking / kayaking / etc.
- A group of Sangstream members stitched one of the panels for the Great Tapestry of Scotland.
- …and lots, lots more…!
Photos on this page ©Pauline Thompson, David Leslie, Ros Gasson, and other members of Sangstream