Sangstream is a very sociable group. Some of the extra things we get up to include:
- Visiting the pub after rehearsals on Thursday nights – currently we head to the Black Ivy at Bruntsfield Links, very near our new rehearsal space at James Gillespie’s High School.
- Once a month, choir members meet together for an informal song session in the Captains Bar in Edinburgh – usually the 3rd Saturday in the month (but check the diary for occasional changes).
- We often have social events – the latest being our 20th Anniversary Ceilidh in November 2017 and our annual (after the) New Year party .
- At least once a year we go away for the weekend to a hostel for some singing and playing / walking / cooking / eating / dancing / acting / treasure hunts / etc. It’s a really great way to get to know other people in the choir better. This year it’s Pitlochry.
- Occasionally we go further away to perform, e.g. at folk festivals.. In 2011 we were in Denmark for a return exchange visit with the Danish choir Naested Koret and in 2013 we were in Ullapool.
- Small groups occasionally meet up with each other to sing and play instruments together.
- Some of us meet up to go to concerts / walking / kayaking / etc.
- A group of Sangstream members stitched one of the panels for the Great Tapestry of Scotland.
- …and lots, lots more…!
Photos on this page and others are courtesy of Pauline Thompson, David Leslie, Ros Gasson, Margaret Ferguson Burns, and other members of Sangstream who all retain copyright.